Skip to content
We are so excited to finally FLY with you again! We know these times are still questionable in terms of the pandemic. Below are some guidelines outlined by the Arkansas Department of Health for “gyms, dance instruction studios and other fitness venues” that we all must adhere to, to participate in classes and have the studio running smoothly again. We will work diligently to create the cleanest atmosphere possible so that you feel safe in our studio!
We will need your help! Follow these guidelines to help us ensure a healthy studio environment!
- Expected to do as Students:
- Wash/sanitize hands upon entering the studio.
- Self-screening checklist upon entry: (DO NOT ENTER if you have the following symptoms)
- Fever over 100.4 or greater
- If you have a cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat &/ loss of taste or smell.
- Been in contact with someone known to be infected.
- Maintain proper social distancing when applicable.
- Have traveled out of state, overseas etc in the last 14 days.
- Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the studio.
- Face masks/coverings are NOT required in this studio for students or staff. We will NOT ask that you wear a mask, wearing a mask is based upon your preference. As new policies advised by the Arkansas Department of Health, masks DO NOT have to be worn when actively exercising.
- Staff ensures all equipment, where applicable: floors, crash mats, apparatuses, etc are sanitized after each class, in some instances, after each use. To ensure all equipment/surfaces are cleaned/sanitized thoroughly and dried properly, we will extend time between classes to allow for these extra cleaning measures.
- We implement precautions like increased sanitation and limited class sizes, since aerial fitness is a hands-on teaching/learning environment. Class sizes are limited. We WILL share equipment in the Lyra & Trap class, until we have added more equipment. Rigging points are at least 6′ apart, so a safe distance is maintained at all times.
- We will focus on the fundamentals to rebuild everyone’s strength back that was lost over the time away from the studio.
Here at FSAF we dedicate extra time and special precautions to ensure our aerial equipment, all the other props we use and our amenities are the cleanest and most sanitary spaces to comfort your safety during these special times. We follow the most up-to-date cleaning procedures for our aerial apparatuses.
- Our poles are cleaned before/after each student begins and as needed during their practice. With the stainless steel material, we use a 50/50 solution of 90% isopropyl alcohol and water to spray on a microfiber towel, to then wipe the pole. The microfiber towels are to be thrown in a separate hamper for cleaning after class.
- Our Lyras are taped with an athletic tape, they will be sprayed with a sanitizing solution and air dried between classes.
- Due to the material of our Aerial Fabrics (hammocks and silks), they need a special washer and dryer to be cleaned. They will be washed on a regular basis as the fabric material allows, but in between those times, they will be sprayed with a sanitizing solution and air dried between classes. We also have a high pressured steamer we will use periodically to sterilize our fabrics.
- Floors will be cleaned after each class with the same alcohol/water solution we use to clean the poles and air dried.
- Mats: Vinyl Mats (Pole crash mats, tumbling mats) will be sprayed with cleaning/sanitizing solution between students and after each class. Aerial mats, due to the fabric, will be sprayed with cleaning/sanitizing solution and air dried between classes. Yoga Mats-Students are expected to clean their own yoga mats at the end of class with the supplied cleaning solution.